Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cape Scrod

After a lackluster beginning to the week, a few wisdom teeth removed, and yet another dumping of snow that prevented me from making it to the beach; Thursday got interesting.

The Streets of Boston have been reduced to paths, an obstical course for cars to play chicken in. Wednesdays deluge of snow made it even more fun, and by Thursday morning my car and driveway were free, but surf was the last thing on my mind. A phone call from a friend in RI informed me that since the wind, that usually kills our winter swells quickly, had backed off to almost nothing and there was still swell in the water, not much in RI, but swell none the less. My mind went straight to the Cape, and as fast as I could load the page, my mind was made up.

The cam was pure glass, maybe a light offshore, my first view was of what looked like a head high set. So, a quick 95 minute car ride later, we arrived, and apparently we were the only ones. The rest is just another epic unexpected day on the cape.........Enjoy! pics never do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment