Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dooms Day Swell








Well turns out surfers from Jersey were saying this might of been one of the best swells they had ever seen. Guess who was there for it? ME! The forecast called for 4-6 foot with offshore winds for the morning. I awoke the next morning near Bay Head and the barrier island again had flooded badly and many areas were closed. The destruction down there was unbelievable from sandy. I was looking into peoples living rooms that no longer had walls or roofs from the beach side. I ran up the dune and was blown away. It was a solid 6-8 ft with 10 foot bombs occasionally coming through. I was a little under gunned and only had a 5'6 . These might of been some of the best waves I have ever seen/surfed on the east coast. The barrels were so wide you could of put a small car in them. These are the days that remind me that there is no place that I would trade on this earth for being apart of the East Coast surfing scene. Happy New Year everyone and hope you all score in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment